Date: June 17-18, 2019
Location: Brussels, Belgium
WEO Center of Excellence: Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatopancreatology Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
The Gastroenterology and Endotherapy European Workshop (GEEW) is the oldest meeting organized in the field of Endoscopy and Gastroenterology which mixes live demonstrations performed on patients within the highest ethical environment, State of the Art lectures , panel discussions and demonstrations of the latest evidence from the literature. All over the procedure, the information summarizing the most recent publications will be displayed to reinforce the discussion based on scientific evidence.
The cases are performed by world-renowned experts in collaboration with local physicians and nursing staff. Every procedure will be performed by a least 2 experts working together in order to ensure a maximal interaction with the audience.
37th GEEW will take place on June 17-18, 2019.
The main goals include:
- The evaluation of established and most recent endoscopy techniques assessing their clinical utility in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- The description of pre-therapeutic assessment and post-treatment follow-up
- The detailed technical explanation of various procedures, with interactive discussion
- Providing scientific appraisal of technologies, evidence-based, with comparison with other approaches
- The ability for the participant to recognize the role of endoscopy in digestive diseases and its interaction with gastroenterology, surgery, oncology, radiology and transplantation
- The detailed information on prevention and treatment of potential complications
Over its 37 years of existence, GEEW has allowed its participants to discover the most cutting-edge endoscopy techniques but also to improve dramatically their practice and to learn how to use endoscopy in the field of gastroenterology.
An hands-on training opportunity will also be offered to selected audience during which senior local experts will explain them in details some tricks on artificial models. This session will be organized on June 16, 2019 afternoon.