October 31, 2018
The 2nd Online Live Endoscopy Course was presented by the Ecuadorian Institute of Digestive Diseases (IECED), the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) and the World Endoscopy Organization (WEO). Held on August 24-25, 2018, it had more than 940 views from different places around the world.
Experts in gastroenterology, endoscopy and surgery, and other related specialties, from 17 countries, such as Ecuador, China, Japan, Philippines, Turkey, Iraq, United Kingdom, Italy, USA, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Peru and Argentina among other nations, connected online through the Livestream platform. This great event fulfilled everyone´s expectations.
Said one group of Costa Rican doctors, who caught every minute of the live stream: “The live cases were very well presented … The organization was excellent, and the talks were very good”.
Experts worked simultaneously in three state-of the-art endoscopy rooms, 24 cases were streamed live.
The 2nd Online course also streamed 12 lectures on diseases of the digestive tract. Among other topics, there were lectures on:
- Barrett’s esophagus and dysplasia: Current endoscopic treatments
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for early gastric cancer
- Cystic pancreatic lesions: confocal endomicroscopy or microbiopsy forceps?
- Peroral cholangioscopy for diagnosis of indeterminate biliary strictures
- Digital chromoendoscopy and optical magnification in colon polyps.
If you weren’t able to participate in the live event, you can still watch the recording on: https://bit.ly/2LqvZWl
The 3rd Online Live Endoscopy Course from IECED, ASGE and WEO will be held in August 2019. Stay tuned!