February 26, 2021
The mission of the ENDO Congresses is to bring together the experts, leading thinkers, researchers, innovators, and educators in endoscopy to a single platform for exchange of knowledge. WEO hosted its first World Congress in Hyderabad, India in 2017 and a second Congress in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil in 2020. Both of these highly successful meetings were well attended with over 3500 delegates from all parts of the world.
WEO President, Fabian Emura says: “As Chair of the ENDO 2020 Scientific Committee, I had the privilege to work with representatives from many eminent societies to further develop a state-of-the-art program that brought a wealth of international expertise and enriched discussion in Rio de Janeiro. For the 3rd Congress, I am very honored to work with Co-President Hisao Tajiri in planning a special meeting that will continue to promote the mutual exchange of experience and knowledge in the field of endoscopy.”
The Chair of the ENDO 2022 Scientific Committee, Dr Prateek Sharma, is keen to share his vision regarding the planning of ENDO 2022: “Dr. Yutaka Saito, Co-Chair of the Scientific Committee and I would like to focus not only on presenting the most recent advances in the technology of gastrointestinal endoscopy for advanced experts, but also on providing a solid learning opportunity for young doctors and other practitioners to learn from the best and to improve their daily practice.”
Some of the notable features of the ENDO 2022 scientific program will be:
- Honorary Lectures: Luminaries in the field of GI endoscopy and gastroenterology will deliver the highly prestigious Named Lectureships, each representing one of the WEO zones: the Sadataka Tasaka Honorary Lecture (Asian-Pacific Society for Digestive Endoscopy [A-PSDE]), the François Moutier Honorary Lecture (European Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy [ESGE]), and the Rudolf Schindler Honorary Lecture (Sociedad Interamericana de Endoscopia Digestiva [SIED]). These seminal lectures, a highlight of the Congress, may well have an impact on our daily practice, or alternatively, point to new areas of research.
- Live Demonstration: Real-life viewing of endoscopic procedures is an important teaching tool. Top international experts demonstrate both basic and cutting-edge techniques. Broadcasts from Japan, India, Korea, and China are anticipated that will showcase the best and most instructive procedures, performed by the world’s greatest experts. At the end of each day, discussion sessions with expert chairs will look back and reflect on the learning experiences presented during the live demonstrations.
- Scientific Symposia: the ENDO 2022 Scientific Committee, comprises eminent world experts. They are working closely together to consider all aspects of endoscopy and then to prune the selection down to create a program with the most innovative and significant themes in endoscopy today.
- Society Symposia: Partnering societies will have the opportunity to present regional challenges and recent advances at these individual symposia, developed as a collaboration between the society and the ENDO 2022 Scientific Committee.
- Learning Center: Offers different educational programs for both experts and beginners to enhance their skills. These include Video capsule endoscopy training, EUS case conference, the High Quality in Upper GI course and the Advanced Diagnosis in Endoscopy course.
- Hands-on training: Exclusive area with dedicated GI stations where participants can improve their skills, learn from the latest clinical cases, and use more advanced equipment and techniques.
- Breakfast with the Experts: Experts cover the latest trends and topics in detail, in an intimate and interactive setting allowing open discussion among participants.
- Video World Cup: Short videos showing examples of new, unexpected, or exceptional cases, with commentary from a panel of experts.
Finally, ENDO 2022 is looking forward to a close cooperation with industry partners who will be invited to participate with dedicated and up-to-date symposia. So, SAVE THE DATE and stay connected via the WEO Newsletter to receive the latest recent news about this amazing conference! Visit our website and catch the personal invitation to the Congress here, from ENDO 2022 Presidents Dr. Emura and Dr. Tajiri.
We look forward to seeing you in Kyoto!