Date: February 17, 2021
Teaching Colonoscopy: A Framework for Enhancing Training
WEO is proud to announce its first PET (Program for Endoscopic Teachers) webinar on:
Wednesday, February 17, 2021:
10.00am – 12.00pm (New York, Toronto / EST)
12.00pm – 2.00pm (Rio de Janeiro / BRT)
4.00pm – 6.00pm (Berlin, Amsterdam / CET)
The Program for Endoscopic Teachers Webinar is an interactive workshop designed to improve endoscopic trainers’ ability to guide an effective endoscopy training session. Led by expert faculty, this online course aims to improve endoscopic teaching skills and trainers’ conscious awareness of why and what they are doing when performing procedures so that they can explain maneuvers in a clear and effective way to teach others.
Participants will develop an awareness of adult education principles and best practices in procedural skills education and feedback provision. Topics that will be covered during this interactive webinar include use of standard terminology, effective communication between trainees and trainers, and techniques for providing specific and constructive feedback.
By the end of the webinar, you will be able to:
- Discuss the concept and need for conscious competence as a teacher so that you can explain concepts in a clear and effective way to teach others.
- Apply the “Preparation – Training – Wrap-up” framework for teaching endoscopy.
- Describes how to teach using standard terminology to explain endoscopic maneuvers in a clear and effective way.
- Outline the importance of performance enhancing feedback and instruction.
- Shivakumar Vignesh, MD
- Catharine Walsh, MD, MEd, PhD
- Eric Greenwald, MD, MSc
- Jonathan Cohen, MD
- Roy Soetikno, MD
- Selvi Thirumurthi, MD
- Interactive lecture: 75 minutes
- Question and answer panel discussion: 15 minutes
Register for free HERE.